Home additions that add value to your property

Home additions that add value to your property

Home additions can add a beautiful appeal to your property and increase its value as well. Investing from simple to luxurious house additions is highly beneficial if you are planning to sell your house soon. Below are some great ideas for home additions in Chicago.

Remodeling Rooms

A simple way that you can add value to your property is by remodeling single or multiple rooms in the house and sprucing it up for a stronger structure and better interiors. Remodeling a room can increase your property value by 3 to 5%.

You have higher chances of getting good buyers when you convert existing rooms into their better versions. In general, you can do a kitchen, bathroom, or basement remodel with basic work done. This includes repaint work, pipe and waterline fix, and appliances upgrades.

Split into Flats

You can utilize a spacious house by splitting the whole area into flats. Doing so increases your property’s value by 30%. You can have the house rented out and even have the monthly house bills split equally for everyone’s convenience. For more tenants, you can have a crew of contractors work on the room additions for your house in Chicago. This expands the sleeping space into one more room for more tenants and widens the house’s lot as well.

Turn Areas into Living Spaces

Aside from remodeling an existing room, you can convert a room in your house into a living space to accommodate more tenants. This also works for a buyer with multiple family members. For some ideas, you can utilize the basement and remodel it into a second living room, a guest room, or a game room. You can also have your trusted contractors work on a sunroom addition for your home in Chicago. This creates a homey vibe and utilizes sunlight for efficient energy consumption.

Turning your cellar into a living space can increase your property’s value by 30% while turning your garage into a bedroom adds 15%. This usually requires no planning permission, but it’s still better to ask your local planning authority.